Monday, March 28, 2011

Military Jacket

J Crew Cadet Jacket
J Crew Cadet Jacket
Have you ever found a great piece of vintage clothing? Have you ever literally found it in your own closet? Yesterday, while hanging up pants, I found my uncle's Green Beret Combat Jacket. Complete with "AIRBORNE" patch and the embroidered "ERICKSON" name tag, this jacket is authentic. The uncle that wore this jacket is roughly 6' 3". Oddly enough, the sleeves are much too short for me, even though I lack two inches on him. My quick fix for this issue was a sloppy double-cuff of the sleeves. Furthermore, it eerily resembles my J. Crew Cadet Jacket, which shouldn't be a surprise, considering it was inspired by a vintage military jacket. Unfortunately, the temperature here in Indiana has been nearly one hundred degrees Fahrenheit for the past week, disallowing me to experiment with the jacket. As soon as it cools off, though, I will definitely be wearing this one out.

Authentic Military Jacket

No comments:

Post a Comment